Monday, February 23, 2009

Hola from the far east

Hey all!

Life here is going pretty well!

I've been very busy. I've joined my school debate team just too help them crush the opposition for fun! So I've been doing practices with them. The proposition is that "Class sizes in Hong Kong secondary schools should be limited to a maximum of 30 students." we are against...

That's coming up on Thursday.

I've also been preparing for the AFS Intercultural fair. That's this Saturday. Seeing as how I'm the only American this year I get to run the America booth. This also means I get to decide what is American culture!

I've decided that TV, Football, and Budwiser are NOT what America is all about America is infact about pulling on that pair of cheap sunglasses turning up your favorite band and rocking out on your AIR GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!

that's right I'm going to be teaching a room full of Chinese kids how to solo on their imaginary AXE!!!!

I'll get some pictures and videos for you guys.

Another recient even of note

I WENT TO TOP GEAR LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*disclaimer if you don't like cars stop reading*

Top gear as the rest of you know is a ridiculious car show on the BBC with Richard Hamond, Jeremy Clarkson, and James may. Though James may didn't come it was FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry i think china is rubbing off on me i'm using exclamation marks way too much now. i'll try and stop.)

There was a car show, with all sorts of super cars and a few old cars as well.

and of corse the live show where they had foot ball soccer. the stig, precision driving, drifting, stupid challenges, and many other things.

along with a procession of super cars INCLUDING THE BUGATTI VEYRON!!!!!!!!!!! yes i got to see one.. it was pretty!

so that was basically my weekend...

the pictures will be up on myspace soon.

Hope your all well

Patrick

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice blog. visit & follow me back