Thursday, August 21, 2008

An Inauspicious Start

IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!

Although not smoothly. I missed my flight Wednesday morning to LAX from Seatac. Thankfully I was with my mom so we hung out there and got breakfast and caught the next flight down 4 hours later... I showed up just in time for orientation. I made instant friends with the other AFS kids... they where all interesting and smart and fun to be around... We learned about life in different cultures and watched videos on the history of AFS and different hand gestures from around the world.

of the group 19 where going to japan, 4 where going to New Zealand, one to Australia, and me to Hong Kong...

I woke up this morning thinking my flight would leave at noon. a direct 14 hour jaunt that I was both looking forward to and dreading a little... however at breakfast I was told that my flight was canceled! Typhoon York is currently IN Hong Kong and the airport is closed... I hope I will be able to get in tomorrow. I was checking the weather... there is another typhoon headed right for Hong Kong...




So for now I'm in L.A. Luckily my mom is here and we are going to have dinner soon.

Today I walked down to the beach with the New Zealand and Australia kid's (the japan kids left earlier in the morning) we hung out and I played Frisbee. I'm having a good time I hope all of you are well I'll get you more updates as I can.

1 comment:

MWR said...

Ciao from Chicago! We are all yip-yip and having a fablous time! Hope you are too...publish, soon!