Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hard Rock and More School

Sunday was good.

I woke up at 10 and read some Atlas Shrugged, then I read to Adriel, then I read to Adrien. Finally i slipped out around 4:45 to head to Tsim sha tisu to meet everyone and go to the Hard Rock Cafe. My bus took forever to come... but it was Sunday afternoon...

so I was a little late... it was good though and we all had a great time. I realized that the Hard rock is real American food. McDonald's isn't. Anywho... After we walked around and ended up at the star ferry pier looking out at Hong Kong it was nice being with friend's hanging out.

I met a German kid who had gone to the same school as me... he wasn't wild about it. also a Hong Kong kid who spent his exchange year in the Cezch Republic. It's interesting because growing up in the suburbs I'm excited to live in a city. However whenever I talk to people here about not liking the country they all look at me funny. They all like the country, I have a feeling though it comes from growing up in Hong Kong, and they don't really know how boring it is...

Back to school... More of the same... I've been playing a lot of chess with the other kid's. I've mostly been loosing but i won one game today.

I hope you are all doing well.

Patrick

P.S. I just found the camera today so no pictures from this weekend from me. I'll see if I can get some from the other kid's to post.

3 comments:

MWR said...

What do you mean "the country" is boring? You grew up with me, didn't you? How could that be boring?

Uncle Charlie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MWR said...

Just "watched" a program on PBS called, "Happiness for No Reason..." It's late, and they are doing a fund drive ($$$) AND the full moon was at 2:13am (yes, I saw it...did you?) so now I am bored. Blog - FFS...love you!!!