Sunday, September 21, 2008

ONE MONTH DOWN!

Sorry for the lack of updates...



School this week was fine... a fairly normal week... For P.E. we did swimming and played "water polo" (the pool is 3 feet deep so no one was swimming)



Thursday I BOUGHT A CAMERA!!!!



specks for the nerd friends out there!





8.0 mega pixels
5x optical zoom
4 gig sd chip
facial recognition
and more features than i would know how to use...



It's small and has a big screen which makes it perfect...



I've been taking a lot of pictures too many to try and up load to blogger...


Blogger's photo upload interface is fine for 5 or even 10 or so photos but i took a lot so I'll put them up on photobucket.com



the Internet is being finicky.... it's rather annoying...



soo Thursday was Cantonese lessons as every Thursday is... After we went out to fast food Japanese.... all good I fell asleep at probably 11





Friday was another good day and after school I went to a BBQ party at the Icelandic Exchange student's house. It was a great time. It took a lot of newspaper and failed attempts to light the charcoal but eventually we got it going and a good time was had by all... I left Baddi's House around 10:30 I ended up at home at 12.





Sign up's for after school activities must be done through the web the deadline was Saturday night at midnight so i was up till one getting ready for bed and signing up for Football (soccer) and Chess clubs'





Saturday was ORIENTATION!!! the orientation that was scheduled for the day we got here. we finally had it.. One month to the day after landing. So it was up at 7:30 and out the door at 8 to get to the other side of the new territories... if you care to look the meeting was at the Fanling MTR station on the light blue line i live at Fortress hill/North point on the dark Blue line (called the island line).





Camp was good because of the other students... the material was the same boring talk about culture shock they had given us in every book and in the us orientation, so that was fairly boring but it's hard to have a bad time with 30 of your friends and you hanging out. soo we played basket ball and talked about everything, school, host families, a lot about the differences between here and our home culture. It was great!





We had a talent show so I solved the Rubix cube. everyone was very impressed.





One German boy has been playing piano since he was 2, I think, and sat down at a piano and just whips out this beautiful piece of classical music from memory. he is an amazing musician it's crazy... and for him it was no big deal... he seemed to be bored... I wish I could play like that but just thinking of the practice involved make's me cringe....





for dinner was BBQ again... this time I helped light 2 or 3 fires after having figured it out the night before... they do BBQ differently here than in the US... in the us the Charcoal goes in the bottom of the BBQ and then you have the grill over it where you put the food down to cook... here you put news paper in the bottom to light the charcoal on chicken wire and you cook over the charcoal on sticks.... ummmmmmmm.... Meat on a stick... It was all very tasty....





After words we went to "bed" meaning we all sat in the Court yard talking all night... I was up till 4 my time... and wake up call was 7 am.... toooo early.... but i got a nap this afternoon... I'm behind on sleep over all...





We where at a camp. a summer camp, camp. bunk beds. soccer Field basket ball hoops room's to meet in and a Canteen. The canteen food at lunch on Saturday wasn't bad. it's camp food though and it's very strange to think of Chinese camp food... It was definitely passable... I mean I ate it... but think of the camp version of burgers or camp version of spaghetti and meat ball's. Now think of the camp version of mushu pork... of fried and glazed fish... any who...





Breakfast consisted of cold Hom Bow and a noodle soup of some sort... it was ok but not what I (or any of the other kid's at my table) where looking for in breakfast... Looking at the half empty serving bowl of noodles I found their opinion of breakfast personified in a "sign from the heavens"* camp got out at ten and we went off to find food. unfortunately by the time we caught the bus to the MTR to Kowloon tong... it was Noon so we gave up on breakfast and had lunch...





I got home at 1:30. I'm reading Harry potter (in it's entirety) to my 10 year old brother, we have finished the 1st book and are on the second one. so we watched the first Harry potter movie... I started falling asleep so i went off to take my nap...





anywho both my brother's want me to read to them soo I'm off...





Hope your all well





Patrick








*there's your sign....

to see photos

go here

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/inky232000/hong%20kong%201/

1 comment:

Uncle Charlie said...

Had a good weekend with Emily.

She's making friends at her new school.

We went to a dance intro thing where we learned some steps from a bunch of musicals, then to a dance recital.

Norma's jobs OK, its just part time till they find out if the documetary will be financed and then full time once they are shooting.

We're probably not going anywhere until NY for Thanksgiving.

My bicycle was stolen (2nd time). It was insured for $290, but the replacement cost has gone up to $360 (falling dollar).

I hear Steve had a good time in NY. Saw both Brandi & Jeremy.