Monday, September 15, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival

hey it's the end of a Monday here and we had the day off for Mid Autumn Festival.
I really don't know much about it even after living through it... everyone seemed really excited for it and then just sort of went through a few motion's and there didn't seem to be much point... we went to a park and lit candles and played with lanterns.... that was it... there wasn't any ritual to it... it seemed odd to me... espeically after all they hype I've gotten about it being some great holiday...
anyways I've got more pictures for you


These are From the Peak of Hong Kong Island, The big building is the IFC the tallest building in Hong Kong you might know it from Batman (he jumps off it)
look at Hong Kong again from the peak. My house is in this picture but i'm too lazy to highlight it now.
my host dad standing at the peak .
a view of the other side of the island fromt the peak
My little brother adreil durring the daily battle to make him eat dinner
Mid Autumn Fetival
some of the many amazing lanterns at Victoria park
Adreil and Sandy Host brother and mother
More lanterns with Hong Kong in the background
more lanterns
even more
Different angle on the same lanterns
another angle
More lanterns!
More more more!
Different angles looking at the latnerns!!!
A man dressed up as a ferry with guess what a lantern on his head and on stilts.
Angles lanterns
Angles and lanterns
more and more and more
Me and my Host Dad

Candles we burned
The little brother
Taken from the living room of our house Sail boat racesMore pictures of boats!


The last week has been good, I've been going to school. Math class is the most boring thing I have ever had to sit through repeatedly. after math class it's like someone snapped my brain... it's a horrible feeling... any who... the rest of school is good i really like my class mate's though I don't have any pictures of them up yet... I'm going to buy a camera this week. at the Moment I'm operating on a camera borrowed from my host family.

I'm sooo tired right now. we got home at 11:30 and went to sleep at 12:30 here last night and left this morning at 9 to go swimming. They are used to it... I need more sleep. but it is absolutely useless to try and sleep in. other than the fact that my room faces east and is one big window. my little brother is up at 7 every morning and if I'm in bed he's yelling at me and poking me... for no good reason... I haven't been able to make it past 10 asleep...

on September 30th there is a day we don't have to wear our school uniform if we pay 20 dollars (a form a extortion if you ask me) but you need to pay it through an online system they use called pps... of course I'm not on any system and soo i spent all week trying to give them money that they wouldn't take... any who.

They told us on Friday that to sign up for after school activities you have to do it through eclass... an online program through the school.................................................................................... that will be this week's battle...

more school more school... orientation for AFS kids is this coming weekend and that will be fun soo yeah...

stuff too look forward too...


Pat



1 comment:

MWR said...

YOU ROCK!!!! Great posts - keep them up!!! Love you!!!